10 Man With A Van Tips Before You Move
Making things easier for your man with a van can save you time and money
Booking a man with a van to help you move can be as stressful as the move itself. So, do yourself a favour and be as prepared as you can be.
Here are 10 things you should keep in mind when planning your move…
- How many people are moving? Do you have a big family? Small children? Pets? It is important that everyone is accounted for throughout the moving process.
- Notify people. Whenever you move, all your friends and business associates should be notified ahead of time. Send group emails, call or text messages to keep everyone updated.
- Documents – collect all the important documents you might need and put them all in one box. If you are heading abroad shortly after moving, make sure your passport is not packed away somewhere in a box that could be difficult to find later.
- Repair and clean, especially if you are renting. Make sure you leave the place in the same state as when you moved in so you’ll get all of your deposit back.
- Change your mailing address with everyone you receive post from. Royal mail can set up a mail redirection in case you forget anyone.
- Utilities – inform all utility companies that you will be moving so they can change the service address.
- Get rid of the clutter – sell or throw out anything you do not need before you move. This will not only save you money when moving, but possibly make you some money if you have any forgotten about treasure you can sell!
- Refrigerator – unplug it and clean it.
- Gas – empty all instruments that run on gas as these can be hazardous to move.
- Hire a man with a van. Here is where Man and Vans comes in. See how good our customers think we are here – we’re sure you’ll be impressed!
Prices vary drastically for a man with a van, but try and avoid the cheapest. In this industry, you really do get what you pay for. So, why not go with someone you can trust and can Man and Vans today on 0845 170 0660 or email us to email@example.com