Rubbish and Waste Tips from Man and Van Putney, South West London
Man and Van Putney knows that many moves have excess furniture, clothing and flotsam that our customers find that they don’t require any more. In one move that we did recently there was over a Luton Vans worth of old items that the customer had decided that they didn’t need any more.
Man and Vans Ltd can take care of removing items to local tips in South, West, North and East London as part of a general office or home move but it is important for our customers to bear in mind certain considerations prior to using our services.
- For the general refuse parts of the tips there are separate areas for different kinds of waste. Would it be possible for you to separate your rubbish into separate piles e.g. metals, wood, clothing so that we can easily separate them at the tip. We do not have the time at the tip to separate these for you.
- We are charged on weight and there are minimum charges that we incur. The minimum cost is around £50 and this can go up dramatically if there are higher levels of rubbish.
- Customers who go to the local authority tips in their own vehicles are allowed to use a separate section of the tip for free – if you are dealing in small amount of rubbish this may be preferable.
- We charge based on weight and also time taken to arrive and deliver the waste – it is important that customers are aware of our hourly rates before moving forward with our services.
- Please avoid the idea that everything you don’t need has to be taken to the tip. Services like Recycle.co.uk and www.uk.freecycle.org can allow you to pass not needed items onto other at no cost.
- Rather than tipping unwanted furniture customers may prefer to use our storage services to hold items of furniture etc for a time while they settle in their new home. See the storage section of our main website.
Our local “civic amenity sites” where we do the majority of our waste dumping for customers are in Smugglers Way in Wandsworth or at Cringle Way in Battersea and is run by the WRWA. The summary below if from their website –
“Western Riverside Waste Authority (WRWA) was established in 1986 as an autonomous statutory local government body to undertake the waste disposal functions prescribed by the Local Government Act 1985 and the Waste Disposal (Authorities) Order 1985. The Authority assumed responsibility for waste disposal on behalf of four London Boroughs; Hammersmith and Fulham, Lambeth,Wandsworth and the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea.”
- Cringle Street, Battersea, SW8 5BX – Open 24 hours a day, but proximity to New Covent Garden market means that it is not for the squeamish in the middle of the summer.
- Smugglers Way, Wandsworth, SW18 1JS- Opening hours found on WRWA website
If you wish to do it yourself opening times and locations are given below – if not just give Man with a van a call on 0845 170 0660 or simply fill in our request further details form.